The University of Hawaiʻi Alumni Association announces 2011 recipients of the UHAA Distinguished Alumni Award. They are—
- L. Tammy Duckworth, BA ’89, (Mānoa), major, U.S. Army National Guard, and an Iraq War veteran
- Gary Galiher, MEd ’71, JD ’77 (Mānoa) and Diane Ono BA ’73 (Mānoa), AS ’82 (Kapiʻolani), JD ’91 (Mānoa), attorneys, Galiher DeRobertis Ono
- Richard Ha, BBA ’73 (Mānoa), founder and president, Hāmākua Springs Country Farms
- John Komeiji, BEd ’75 (Mānoa), senior vice president and general counsel, Hawaiian Telcom
- Hing Leung Sham, PhD ’80 (Mānoa), senior vice president of chemical sciences, Elan Biopharmaceuticals
The 2011 UH Founders Alumni Association Lifetime Achievement Award will posthumously recognize Isabella Aiona Abbott, BA ’41 (Mānoa), emeritus professor of ethnobotany, UH Mānoa. Read about Abbott in the October 2010 issue of Mālamalama Online.
The awardees will be honored at a dinner May 12, 2011, at the Sheraton Waikīkī. More information at UHalumni.org/daa.