Master's of Science Degree
- A minimum of 30 credits is required by Graduate Division to complete a Plan A Master's Degree, earning a grade of a B or better and maintaining a GPA of at least 3.0
- At least 18 credits of course work and between 6 to 12 credits of Research (699) or Thesis (700) work.
- All candidates will be required to enroll in and pass with a grade of "B" or better the introductory graduate core courses in Marine Biology (BIOL 601 and 602)
- BIOL 601 and 602 (4 credits each)
- Statistics or Biometry Course (may be waived by Curriculum Committee if undergraduate coursework is found to be sufficient)
- Other courses deemed necessary by the candidate's Interim Committee and/or Thesis Committee (600-700 level courses, Maximum of 6 credits of 400 level courses, 699 maximum of 6 units will count toward the degree)
- 700 (thesis, up to 12 credits)