Photography contest rules & guidelines
Seawords is holding its third annual photography competition and starting this February we will be accepting submissions for our next photo issue. The competition will close at 11:59 pm HST April 30. For the rules and guidelines, please read on!
Anyone is allowed to enter, however, the cover photo winner must be a MOP student.
-Marine or Hawai'i photos taken above the surface of the water.
- Under the Sea
-Marine or Hawai'i photos taken under the surface of the water.
Photographers are allowed to submit as many photos as they like for publication, but they can only choose three photos for entry into the competition. This could mean three in one category, one in three different categories, or however else a photographer would like to distribute their three photos.
Guidelines for submitting:
- A photographer may submit no more than three photos for consideration in the competition but they may submit more than three for publication.
- In the email please indicate which are for publication and which are for consideration in the competition.
- Previously submitted photos may not be re-submitted.
- Please submit all entries to email@example.com
- Example entry:
Subject line: John Doe, UH Mānoa MOP, Photography Competition
Body: My name is John Doe and I am a MOP student at UH Mānoa. Attached you will find the photos I would like to submit for this year’s photo issue.
- Please attach all photos as JPEG files. The files should be labeled clearly with last name, category, and photo title.
- Examples from last year:
- James, Fauna, Take a Breath
- Milburn, Topside, Maui Ho‘okipa windsurfer
- Matsuoka, Under the Sea, Untitled
Please feel free to email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org