College of Natural Sciences is home to top researchers in the Natural Sciences. Research projects aim to advance the knowledge in science and to produce outcomes for the betterment of society.
- Recent studies in elementary particle physics have given evidence that the neutrino does in fact have mass.
- Compounds extracted from blue/green algae have shown promise for use as a chemotherapy drug, to fight a number of types of cancer.
- Studies in Microbiology have shown organisms that are capable of living in environments of the strongest acids.
- Botanists have shown that the silversword, unique to Hawaiʻi, is most closely related to plants from the desert of southern California.
- Breakthroughs in Mathematics have solved problems that have been considered unsolvable for decades.
- Use of the supercomputer in the Department of Information and Computer Sciences gives potential for analysis for even the most complicated problems.