East-West Ceramics Collaboration V exhibit opens
The work of invited Pacific Rim ceramic artists who took part in a four week intensive summer workshop, East–West Ceramics Collaboration V, will be featured in an exhibition opening October 23 at the University of Hawaiʻi Art Gallery.
The exhibit is free and open to the public and will continue through December 9. Also on view in the adjacent Commons Gallery through October 28 is the work of students assisting in the workshop.
The hours on opening day, October 23, are noon to 5 p.m. There will be a public lecture at 2 p.m. and an opening reception at 3 p.m.
The University of Hawaiʻi Art Gallery is located in the Art Building on the UH Mānoa campus.
For gallery hours and additional information, visit the UH Art Gallery website.
Participating artists talk about the collaboration in a Mālamalama video.
- Noted Asian American historian shares insights
- Sohn receives Korean honors for language work
- Faculty trace first Koreans, ancient Chinese mariners
- Kennedy Theatre presents Taiko Drum and Dance
- Japanese legal studies program receives endowment