Scientists project rainfall changes for next 30 years
A new study by University of Hawaiʻ scientists could help local policymakers and agencies that deal with severe weather, Hawaiʻi News Now reported.
UH Mānoa researchers spent nearly two years putting together the long-term projection on heavy rainfall and flash floods.
Other recent news coverage:
- Maui News, 10/21/11: “Picky Preschoolers” – UH Maui College’s Agriculture Department welcomes Kamehameha Schools’ preschoolers for pumpkin picking.
- Pacific Business News, 10/21/11: “UH West Oʻahu program takes insurance into the classroom” (subscription required)—A new certificate program in risk management and insurance at UH West Oʻahu provides training in risk management and personal and commercial insurance.
- ABC News, 10/20/11: “Hawaiʻi astronomer captures image of forming planet”—Using the Keck telescopes on Mauna Kea, UH astronomer Adam Kraus and colleagues captured the first direct image of a planet being formed. Also in CBS News, The Christian Science Monitor, Hawaiʻi News Now, KHON, Maui News and New York Daily News or see our University of Hawaiʻi System News post
- Hawaiʻi News Now, 10/20/11: “Bike UH Mānoa Day rolls onto campus”—UH Mānoa held it’s inaugural Bike UH Mānoa Day to encourage people to bike to school as part of a comprehensive plan to make commuting to class easier and greener. Also on KITV
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser, 10/18/11: “APEC Climate Symposium attracts scientists, activists” (subscription required)—More than 50 scientists from Pacific nations gathered at UH Mānoa this week to present research findings and discuss climate change issues while anti-APEC protestors gathered outside. Also in Hawaiʻi News Now, Honolulu Civil Beat, KHON, KITV
- Pacific Business News, 10/17/11: “University of Hawaiʻi law school ranks high in Princeton Review rankings”—The UH Mānoa William S. Richardson School of Law has the “best environment for minority students” among U.S. law schools according to The Princeton Review’s annual ratings of the top law schools.
- Linking obesity and breast cancer, and more in the news
- Decrease in Hawaii's trade winds and more in the news
- Hawaii's dueling volcanoes and more in the news
- Anonymous donor makes $9.2 million gift to UH
- More-affordable legacies at UH and more in the news
Category: UH in the News