Philippine congressman to speak on APEC
Philippine congressman Walden Bello will give a lecture entitled Geopolitics in APEC: The Philippines, China and the U.S. Pacific Command on Thursday, November 10.
Bello will discuss the implications of China’s assertiveness on the complex geopolitical relationship involving this rising power, the Philippines, a weakened United States and the rest of Asia.
When: Thursday, November 10, 5 p.m.
Where: UH Mānoa Architecture Auditorium.
The lecture is free and open to the public.
About the speaker
Bello is a professor of sociology and public administration at the University of the Philippines Diliman and the founder and executive director of the international policy research institute Focus on the Global South.
- China-focused architecture degree signing ceremony
- School of Architecture lands top China construction partnership
- Faculty trace first Koreans, ancient Chinese mariners
- UH Manoa symposium hosts Fukushima activist Yuko Nishiyama
- Hong Kong entrepreneur establishes business scholarship
Category: Academic News