The November 2011 issue of Mālamalama magazine is in the mail to nearly 170,000 University of Hawaiʻi alumni with articles that highlight UH activities in the Asia Pacific region.
- The World War II internment/prisoner of war camp in UH West Oʻahu’s back yard
- Archaeological studies of early Korea peoples and ancient Chinese mariners
- The medical school’s international medical education program
- Community college efforts to incorporate Hawaiʻi’s voyaging heritage
- The experience of decades of Crown Prince Akihito scholars and Parvin Chinese journalism fellows
- Two young alumni who draw on their families’ immigrant experience in building the successful film company that created UH Mānoa’s award winning commercials
- Alumni profiles of a U.S. ambassador, Philippine agricultural minister and Thai king honoree
- Slideshow: The Warrior basketball team’s Asian tour
- Video: Ceramicists from around the Pacific Rim creating art at Mānoa for the East-West Ceramics exhibition now on display
Video will become an increasing component of Mālamalama online, as the print edition will no longer be produced after this issue.