November Malamalama in mail and online
The November 2011 issue of Mālamalama magazine is in the mail to nearly 170,000 University of Hawaiʻi alumni with articles that highlight UH activities in the Asia Pacific region.
- The World War II internment/prisoner of war camp in UH West Oʻahu’s back yard
- Archaeological studies of early Korea peoples and ancient Chinese mariners
- The medical school’s international medical education program
- Community college efforts to incorporate Hawaiʻi’s voyaging heritage
- The experience of decades of Crown Prince Akihito scholars and Parvin Chinese journalism fellows
- Two young alumni who draw on their families’ immigrant experience in building the successful film company that created UH Mānoa’s award winning commercials
- Alumni profiles of a U.S. ambassador, Philippine agricultural minister and Thai king honoree
- Slideshow: The Warrior basketball team’s Asian tour
- Video: Ceramicists from around the Pacific Rim creating art at Mānoa for the East-West Ceramics exhibition now on display
Video will become an increasing component of Mālamalama online, as the print edition will no longer be produced after this issue.
- UH leaders join Polynesian Voyaging Society for New Zealand educational summit
- Kennedy Theatre presents Taiko Drum and Dance
- UH contributes to Mālama Honua Worldwide Voyage
- Landmark agreement heralds new international opportunities at UH West Oʻahu
- Photos: We love our UH grads!