Modern Oedipus takes Leeward campus stage
Sophocles’ classic play Oedipus the King opens at Leeward Community College on Friday and runs for six performances at the Leeward Community College Theatre.
Shows are scheduled November 11 and 12 at 8 p.m., November 13 at 4 p.m., and November 17–19 at 8 p.m.
Modernized and set in a corporate board room, in a translation by Robert Fagles, the power of this classic play is undiminished. By the end, Oedipus has gouged his eyes out upon recognizing the repercussions of his unrelenting pursuit of the truth.
Tickets are $18 advance or $23 at the door for adults. Students, seniors (60+), and military are $15. Children twelve and under are $10.
For tickets or more information, call (808) 944-2697.
- New Zealand theatre troupe presents The Brave at The Leeward Theatre
- Story of Robin Hood takes a wacky spin at The Leeward Theatre
- Leeward Theatre's 40th season shows
- Post-apocalyptic Shakespearean tragedy hits Leeward CC stage
- Local playwrights featured in PlayBuilders’ Festival