Holiday plant sale at the Lyon Arboretum
Purchase pink and white gingers, orchids, anthuriums, heliconias, bromeliads, tillandsias, native ferns and more at the University of Hawaiʻi Lyon Arboretum’s annual Holiday Plant Sale on Saturday, November 19, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. The sale also features handmade holiday wreaths, jams and jellies.
Admission is free and a parking shuttle departs from two locations on Mānoa Road—at Nipo Street and at Poʻelua Street.
About the arboretum
The Harold L. Lyon Arboretum, at 3860 Mānoa Road, is the only university botanical garden located in a tropical rainforest in the United States, as well as the only easily accessible tropical rainforest on Oʻahu.
The arboretum maintains a collection of more than 5,000 tropical plant species, supports Hawaiʻi’s horticultural and agriculture industries and works to preserve and restore Hawaiʻi’s tropical forests.
- Native plant preservation program gets donation
- Sun's diameter measured with unprecedented accuracy
- Volcano Awareness Month is January 2012
- Governor proclaims Wahine volleyball team day
- Albizia tree removal at Lyon Arboretum protects people and plants