Dance takes center stage at UH Hilo
Dancers from the UH Hilo Performing Arts Department and Hawaiʻi Community College presents the Great Leaps dance concert on Tuesday, December 6, 7:30 p.m. at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo’s Performing Arts Center.
This annual event features more than 150 dancers from Hilo and Hawaiʻi dance classes and invited guests from the community.
Great Leaps Highlights
- Jazz and ballet pieces choreographed by Celeste Staton, including excerpts from the Nutcracker Ballet
- Pas de deux featuring performing arts majors Heather Cloud and Joshua Tavares
- Rebecca Baumsteiger performing the Sugar Plum Fairy solo
- Modern and aerial dance choreographed by Annie Bunker
- Tap dance taught by Cheryl Aue
- Contemporary pieces by Grady Sullivan, Stephanie Shepherd and Dori Yamada
The performance is open seating and tickets are $6 general and $4 for students, seniors, children, faculty and staff. Buy tickets online or stop by the Performing Arts Center box office.
Advance ticket purchase is recommended due to the popularity of the event.
For disability accommodation, contact Heidi Veilleux at (808) 933-3209 (V) or (808) 933-3334 (TTY) at least 10 working days prior to the event.
- UH Hilo and Hawaii CC dancers take Great Leaps
- UH Hilo and Hawaiʻi CC dancers take Great Leaps
- International Nights at UH Hilo features dance from around the world
- Exhibit celebrates the birth of modern dance at UH Hilo and Hawaii CC
- Anonymous donor makes $9.2 million gift to UH