West Oahu launches new campus magazine
Go West! Not only is that what many hope will happen when the University of Hawaiʻi—West Oʻahu opens the doors to its new campus in August 2012, but it’s also the title of West Oʻahu’s first campus magazine.
Launched this month to reach out to the community and encourage alumni to reconnect with the campus, Go West! features gorgeous photography and in-depth articles on West Oʻahu programs and students.
Articles in the January 2012 issue include
- Digging for the Truth—UH West Oʻahu students and faculty uncover important lessons at the Honouliuli Internment and Prisoner of War Camp
- Tale of Two Dans—How UH West Oʻahu connected Rufino “Dan” Magliba with Hawaiʻi’s senior senator
- Give me Shelter—A degree opens doors for a young mother and her daughter on the verge of homelessness
- Field of Dreams—A sneak peek at UH West Oʻahu’s exciting new campus
Published in partnership with PacificBasin Communications, the inaugural issue of the magazine was distributed through the January issues of Hawaii Business and HONOLULU magazines. An additional 4,000-plus copies have been sent directly to UH West Oʻahu alumni.
View the Go West! digital print edition.
- UH alumni profile: Leeward and West Oʻahu alumnus Glenn Medeiros shares his success
- Coarsey and Zarate-Ramirez join the UH Foundation team