Tom Haar’s Dreamscape graces Gallery ʻIolani
Windward Community College’s Gallery ’Iolani presents Karuizawa Dreamscape an exhibition of renowned photographer Tom Haar’s impressionistic, dream-like images of Karuizawa, Japan. The show runs through February 14.
Haar spent three months in Karuizawa on a Fulbright grant in summer 2008. The impetus for his project was the World War II experience of his family, who were ordered to evacuate to Karuizawa for a three-year period from 1943–1946. His project became a way for him to re-discover Karuizawa through photography, a craft that he learned from his father, Francis Haar, one of Hawai’i’s most distinguished photographers.
The gallery is open Monday–Friday and Sunday, 1–5 p.m. For more information, visit Gallery ’Iolani’s website or call Director Toni Martin at 808 236-9150.
- Millennial generation takes the spotlight in Gallery ʻIolani exhibit
- Windward art faculty in two exhibitions
- Kalaupapa featured in Windward exhibit
- Ceramic artists shine at Gallery ʻIolani
- Student art treasures showcased at Gallery Iolani