Manoa arts and humanities dean finalists selected
Each of the finalists is scheduled to participate in a two-day visit to the Mānoa campus that includes college department discussions; meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and members of their respective professions; and a public presentation.
Campus and community members are encouraged to attend the public presentations.
Finalists and visitation schedule
Interim Dean, College of Arts and Humanities, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
Visit: March 5–6
Public Presentation: Tuesday, March 6, 3–4:15 p.m. at Crawford Hall 115
Professor and Chair, Department of History, California State University, San Marcos
Visit: March 8–9
Public Presentation: Friday, March 9, 3–4:15 p.m. at George Hall 227
Professor, Department of Music, California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
Visit: March 19–20
Public Presentation: Tuesday, March 20, 3–4:15 p.m. at Crawford Hall 115
R. Anderson Sutton
Professor, School of Music, University of Wisconsin—Madison
Visit: March 22–23
Public Presentation: Friday, March 23, 3–4:15 p.m. at George Hall 227
The position description, a list of the members of the search advisory committee, the campus visit daily schedule and the candidate biographies are available on the Mānoa executive search website.
- Political activist Angela Davis is the spring Inouye Distinguished Chair in Democratic Ideals
- Angela Davis challenges students to question status quo
- A campus art museum has a new vision
- Vietnam scholars, artists and musicians attend international conference
- Architecture school and Nagaoka Institute of Design formalize exchange program