Six named to UH Board of Regents
The Hawaiʻi State Senate recently confirmed the appointment of four new members of the University of Hawaiʻi Board of Regents effective July 1, 2012, and renewed the appointment of two regents, effective immediately.
The four new members include:
- John C. Dean (Honolulu County, term ends 2017), president and chief executive officer of Central Pacific Bank and Central Pacific Financial Corporation
- Benjamin A. Kudo (At-Large Representative, term ends 2017), chief financial officer and the manager of the land use, administrative and environmental law group of Imanaka Kudo and Fujimoto
- Tom H. Shigemoto (Kauaʻi County, term ends 2017), vice president of planning for A&B Properties, Inc., the real estate development division of Alexander and Baldwin, Inc.
- Jeffrey T. Acido (Student Regent, term ends 2014), a UH Mānoa graduate student working towards an MA in Asian studies, focusing on the Philippines with a concentration in Ilokano
Members of the board who were renewed are Hawaiʻi County representatives Carl A. Carlson, Jr. (term ends 2016), founder of Huʻehuʻe Ventures, a real estate consulting and agricultural property management firm, and Barry T. Mizuno (term ends 2013), founder of BTM, Inc., a consulting firm specializing in renewable energy in Hawaiʻi.
Other current members of the UH Board of Regents who are continuing include:
- Eric K. Martinson, Honolulu County (term ends 2014)
- James H.Q. Lee, Honolulu County (term ends 2014)
- Artemio C. Baxa, Maui County (term ends 2013)
- Michael A. Dahilig, At-Large (term ends 2013)
- Chuck Y. Gee, Honolulu County (term ends 2015)
- John C. Holzman, Honolulu County (term ends 2014)
- Coralie Chun Matayoshi, Honolulu County (term ends 2016)
- Saedene Ota, Maui County (term ends 2015)
- Jan Naoe Sullivan, Honolulu County (term ends 2016)
- Board of Regents interim nominees announced
- Amemiya leaving Board of Regents post
- Board of Regents approves Robert Bley-Vroman as interim UH Manoa chancellor
- Regents approve undocumented immigrant policy
- UH Board of Regents appointments confirmed