Finance team makes final four in competition
Competing against 325 business schools from across North and South America, the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Shidler College of Business CFA undergraduate finance team of Billy Wu, Luke Kudray, James Jones, Miku Konsolas and Wilson Wang made the final four at the Chartered Financial Analyst Equity Research Challenge, Americas Region bracket, in New York on April 10.
The Shidler team reached the final four with William and Mary, Illinois Tech and University of Waterloo. In an extremely close competition consisting of a presentation, a written equity report and a rigorous question and answer session by top Wall Street analysts and portfolio managers that judged the competition, Illinois Tech was selected as the winner of the Americas region.
“Our team gave an exceptional presentation in the final round,” said UH faculty team advisor Ben Bystrom. “They did an outstanding job of representing UH and the CFA Hawaiʻi Chapter. Shidler College of Business is now on a short list of the best business schools worldwide in finance competitions.”
The Shidler team was sponsored by the CFA Hawaiʻi, and guided by Paul Yamashita, UBS Financial Services financial advisor and industry mentor Diana Wehrly.
- Sharon Weiner invests $25,000 in entrepreneurship center
- Entrepreneurship Center launches campaign to expand center and programs
- Historic $100 million gift presented to Shidler College of Business
- Muslim women wearing headscarfs face job discrimination
- Philanthropist John C. Dean leads support for entrepreneurship center
Category: Academic News