Spring plant sale at the Lyon Arboretum
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Lyon Arboretum welcomes spring with its biggest plant sale of the year on Saturday, May 12, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. It’s free and open to the public, and proceeds go to benefit the arboretum.
On sale will be Native Hawaiian plants, Hawaiian ferns, heliconias, gingers, anthuriums, orchids, tillandsias and other bromeliads, UH variety vegetable seeds and many other plants for the home and garden.
Also featured is a worm composting demonstration, with starter kits available, and arboretum volunteers from Hui Hana Hawai’i will be selling fresh haku lei, jams, jellies and Hawaiian honey.
A free shuttle service to the Lyon Arboretum will operate from pickup points on Mānoa Road at Poʻelua Street and at Nipo Street.
Lyon Arboretum, at 3860 Manoa Road, is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is closed on Sundays and state holidays. A $5 donation per person is encouraged.
For more information, call (808) 988-0456 or visit the Lyon Arboretum website.
- Jill Laughlin named UH Employee of the Year
- New Lyon Arboretum laboratory will expand Hawaiian plant conservation
- Albizia tree removal at Lyon Arboretum protects people and plants
- Celebrate spring at Lyon Arboretum’s plant sale
- Popular Holiday Plant and Craft Sale held at Lyon Arboretum