Spring plant sale at the Lyon Arboretum
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Lyon Arboretum welcomes spring with its biggest plant sale of the year on Saturday, May 12, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. It’s free and open to the public, and proceeds go to benefit the arboretum.
On sale will be Native Hawaiian plants, Hawaiian ferns, heliconias, gingers, anthuriums, orchids, tillandsias and other bromeliads, UH variety vegetable seeds and many other plants for the home and garden.
Also featured is a worm composting demonstration, with starter kits available, and arboretum volunteers from Hui Hana Hawai’i will be selling fresh haku lei, jams, jellies and Hawaiian honey.
A free shuttle service to the Lyon Arboretum will operate from pickup points on Mānoa Road at Poʻelua Street and at Nipo Street.
Lyon Arboretum, at 3860 Manoa Road, is open Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–4 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It is closed on Sundays and state holidays. A $5 donation per person is encouraged.
For more information, call (808) 988-0456 or visit the Lyon Arboretum website.
- Lyon Arboretum presents budding new classes for 2015
- Saving endangered Native Hawaiian plants one seed at a time
- Holiday Plant and Craft Sale coming to Lyon Arboretum
- Yoga, landscaping, kapa and more this summer at Lyon Arboretum
- UH Mānoa campus an accredited arboretum