Honolulu student newspaper takes top prize
The Hawaiʻi Publishers Association awarded Ka Lā first place in the School Newspaper Excellence category at its annual Paʻi awards ceremony held on May 16, 2012 at the Hilton Hawaiian Village.
Judges praised the paper for its professional look and content. “As soon as I looked at it, I knew that this was a paper I would like to read,” one judge commented.
The Hawaiʻi Publishers Association is a nonprofit media organization that promotes the print publishing industry in Hawaiʻi. Paʻi awards were given in 27 categories to professional newspapers, magazines and other print publications in the state.
Ted Dixon, president of the Hawaiʻi Publishers Association, said this year’s Paʻi awards were a good representation of the high-quality work being done to report news.
- 2013 spring commencement schedule
- Team Hawaii competes in Nagoya micro robot maze competition
- Regents' medal for teaching awarded
- New UH sustainability policy aims for carbon neutrality by 2050
- Reduced operations during winter break