UH participates in Smithsonian Folklife Festival
The festival celebrates the 150th anniversary of the signing of the Morrill Act, which paved the way for higher education for rural and working class Americans.
The University of Hawaiʻi exhibits will feature traditional Hawaiian health and healing practices, a mini taro patch, non-instrument navigation, medicinal herb and organic farming and much more. Hawaiʻi Community College’s halau Unukupukupu and the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Tuahine Troup will also perform.
- Creation of land-grant universities celebrated at Lincoln Memorial
- Cultural exchange in D.C. between UH and New Mexico University
- Stormy Saturday, perfect Sunday for UH in D.C.
- UH shares Hawaiian culture in D.C.
- King Kamehameha lei draping ceremony in D.C.