Search for new AD begins and more related news
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Chancellor Tom Apple has formed a Search Advisory Committee to select a new Athletics Director. Howard Karr, chair emeritus of the UH Board of Regents, will chair the committee. Norm Chow, UH football head coach, will serve as committee vice chair.
Other committee members are:
- Keith Amemiya, Executive Administrator and Secretary, UH Board of Regents
- Laura Beeman, Head Coach, Women’s Basketball, UH Mānoa
- Bob Harrison, CEO and President, First Hawaiian Bank
- Peter Ho, Chairman, President and CEO, Bank of Hawaii
- Bonnyjean Manini, Chair, UH Mānoa Faculty Senate Executive Committee
- Mike McCartney, President and CEO, Hawaiʻi Tourism Authority
- Diane Nakashima, APT representative, UH Mānoa
- Peter Nicholson, Faculty Athletics Representative, UH Mānoa
- Mark Polivka, Chairman, ʻAhahui Koa Ānuenue
- Teena Rasmussen, Regent Emeritus, UH Board of Regents
- David Shoji, Head Coach, Women’s Volleyball, UH Mānoa
- UH Student athlete representative – to be named
Said Chancellor Apple, “We thank this stellar group of leaders for volunteering their time to find the right person to become Athletics Director, as we embark on a new level of competition in football as part of the Mountain West, and all other sports as part of the Big West.”
The committee will decide whether to employ a search firm.
While the search is under way, University of Hawaii Vice President Rockne Freitas will continue in his role as acting Athletics Director.
More related UH news
KITV News, August 24, 2012: “Donovan allowed to remain at UH after threatening lawsuit”
Honolulu Star-Advertiser, August 23, 2012: “Donovan agreed not to sue UH in exchange for new job”
Honolulu Star-Advertiser, August 23, 2012: “UH leaders made Donovan their ‘scapegoat,’ his lawyer said”
Ka Leo, August 24, 2012: “Donovan threatened to sue UH”
Hawaii News Now, August 23, 2012: “Investigation: UH concert fiasco result of mismanagement, little oversight”
KHON, August 22, 2012: “UH Board of Regents will not reinstate Jim Donavan as Athletics Director”
MidWeek, August 22, 2012: “Donovan Fall Guy For UH Problems”
Maui Now, August 22, 2012: “Donovan’s Fate Was Sealed Before Stevie Wonder Snafu”
KITV News, August 22, 2012: “Regents support UH’s decision to move Donovan”
KITV News, August 22, 2012: “UH president: Donovan’s job change unrelated to concert investigation”
KHON, August 21, 2012: “UH President: Decision to replace Donovan made before Stevie Wonder concert fiasco”
No related posts.