UH Hilo Performing Arts department presents Hilo: Da Musical written by UH Hilo Professor Jackie Pualani Johnson.
In recognition of October as National Cyber Security Awareness Month, the University of Hawaiʻi’s Information Security Team will offer five broadcast presentations, on various dates through October, via the UH HITS network. The presentations will be held on a variety of security topics reflecting the NCSA theme of Stop. Think. Connect.
They will also be holding an online contest called Are you Cyber S.M.A.R.T?
- Week 1—Secure Information Destruction on Thursday, October 4, 10:30–11:30 a.m.
- Week 2—Management and Storage of Sensitive Information on Monday, October 8, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Week 3—Avoid Identity Theft on Friday, October 19, 12–1pm
- Week 4—Responsible Computing Practices on Monday, October 22, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
- Week 5—Think Before You Click on Wednesday, October 31, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
All broadcasts will originate on the Mānoa Campus in Kuykendall Hall, Room 201 and will be broadcast over the HITS network for other campuses and viewable as recordings following broadcast. Sign up for online each week of the series.
Are you Cyber S.M.A.R.T? contest
Visit and “Like” the InfoSec Facebook page and answer that week’s security question to be entered into a drawing for a $15 iTunes card. In addition to the five weekly drawings there will be a sixth drawing at the end of October for a $25 iTunes card.