Kennedy Theatre presents Fall Footholds dance concert
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Department of Theatre and Dance presents Fall Footholds: Fragments in Time showcasing new choreography by its graduate and undergraduate dance students. This multidimensional concert brings together dance students, choreographers, technicians and designers to create an intriguing concert of contemporary dance.
The program will be performed at UH Mānoa’s Earle Ernst Lab Theatre on October 10, 11, 12, and 13 at 8 p.m., and October 14 at 2 p.m.
The evening centers around the thesis work of master of fine arts candidates Angela Haugejorden, Meghen L. McKinley and Elyse M. Stevens.
- Haugejorden’s Movement Dimensions explores the perception of shadows, employing video projection, lighting design and choreography, as well as interactive software that will capture and reform the movement occurring on-stage.
- McKinley’s Quickly Standing Still addresses internal and external moments of chaos; athletic movement is accompanied by video projections of the dancers and urban city streets that sweep the audience into the pandemonium of life.
- Stevens’ Sea Art Move is a meditation on stunning sea glass sculptures created by artist Jonathan Fuller, brought to life through the dancers’ full-bodied movement exploration.
Other performances include Tonia Boies’ senior project work Ticklish, inspired by the moment a dancer submerges herself into new movement; Sami L.A. Akuna’s piece Add Continuum, which explores “true essence buried deep within”; and The Demon’s Pound, Kele Roberts’ play on notions of ghouls and flesh.
Tickets for Fall Footholds: Fragments in Time are available online at etickethawaii.com, by phone at (808) 944-2697 and at the Kennedy Theatre box office.
The box office is open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Monday through Friday, with extended hours on performance dates.
Prices are $16 general admission; $15 seniors/military/UH faculty and staff; $13 UHAA members and non-UH Mānoa students; and $5 UH Mānoa students with validated fall 2012 UH Mānoa photo ID. All service fees are included in ticket price.
For more information, go online or call the theatre at (808) 956-7655. For disability access, please call the theatre.
- Kennedy Theatre's 2014-2015 mainstage shows
- The spirit of dance lives on in Winter Footholds
- Award-winning The Giver performed at Kennedy Theatre
- Kennedy Theatre presents Taiko Drum and Dance
- UH Mānoa MFA candidate takes national theatre award