Arboretum plant sale rings in the holidays
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Lyon Arboretum will hold its annual Holiday Plant and Craft Sale on Saturday, November 17, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. The sale will be the weekend before Thanksgiving, which will provide visitors with a chance to buy unique gifts for the holidays.
The various nurseries attending the sale will be selling University of Hawaiʻi variety vegetable seeds, colorful ti varieties, cacti and succulents, orchids, anthuriums, heliconias, gingers, Hawaiʻian ferns and other native plants for homes and gardens. Ceramic pots and planters will also be available.
Arboretum volunteers from Hui Hana Hawaiʻi will sell beautiful, one-of-a-kind dry and fresh holiday wreaths and oshibana crafts. There will also be tasty jams, jellies and Hawaiʻian honey.
A free shuttle service to the arboretum has pick-up and drop-off points at the intersections of Poʻelua Street and Mānoa Road, and Nipo Street and Mānoa Road.
The Lyon Arboretum is located at 3860 Mānoa Road. For more information, call (808) 988-0456 or read the news release.
- Plant sale at Lyon Arboretum April 20
- Campaign to conserve ʻōhiʻa trees finds roots in community
- Native plant preservation program gets donation
- Seed banking, Thanksgiving centerpieces, world cooking and more in Lyon Arboretum classes
- Spring plant sale coming to Lyon Arboretum