West Oahu land sale and more in the news
The University of Hawaiʻi Board of Regents voted on November 28 to approve the sale of 39 acres of land next to the new University of Hawaiʻi–West Oʻahu campus in Kapolei to the Roman Catholic Church, which plans to build a church and private school on the land.
Read more about the sale and how it benefits both the Roman Catholic Church and the university in news reports by Hawaii News Now, Honolulu Star-Advertiser (subscription required), KHON, and Pacific Business News.
UH in the News for November 23–29,2012
- Pacific Business News, November 29, 2012: “Hawaii Tourism Authority working with colleges to build work force”
- CBS News, November 28, 2012: “Watch: Fiery lava spills into Pacific ocean”
- Hawaii News Now, November 28, 2012: “Disparity for Native Hawaiian-Pacific Islanders with HIV/AIDS”
- Civil Beat, November 27, 2012: “No Stevie Wonder? No problem. UH students put on their own concert”
- Hawaii 24/7, November 27, 2012: “Native Hawaiian scholarship workshops scheduled”
- Hawaii Reporter, November 27, 2012: “In wake of botched concert, university students organize their own event”
- Civil Beat, November 26, 2012: “UH med school gets $6M for heart disease research”
- Hawaii Reporter, November 26, 2012: “University of Hawaii at Manoa collegian named top electrical engineering student”
- KHON, November 26, 2012: “Local retailers cash in on Cyber Monday”
- KPUA, November 26, 2012: “Hawaii scientists study dumped chemical weapons”
- Hawaii News Now, November 25, 2012: “College students get hands-on lava lesson on Big Island”
- Hawaii News Now, November 25, 2012: “Hawaii auctioning game jerseys to benefit Wounded Warrior Project”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser, November 25, 2012: “Lava from Puu Oo travels to the ocean”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser, November 25, 2012: “Aspiring Hawaiian activist ‘in grateful spot’ after daughter’s birth”
- KHON, November 25, 2012: “UH jerseys auctioned to benefit Wounded Warriors Project”
- Honolulu Star-Advertiser, November 23, 2012: “Panel doubts value of legal, PR services hired by UH” (subscription required)
- KPUA, November 23, 2012: “University of Hawaii board reviews senate report”
- More-affordable legacies at UH and more in the news
- Photos: We love our UH grads!
- UH celebrates at spring commencements
- Photos: Congratulations UH graduates!
- Anonymous donor makes $9.2 million gift to UH