Oahu campuses raise $348,024 for Aloha United Way
The University of Hawaiʻi 2012 Aloha United Way campaign for Oʻahu campuses was held September 5–October 5, 2012.
A variety of fundraisers and activities were coordinated by the campuses this year, including bake sales, cookbook sales, silent auctions and much more.
As a result of the dedicated effort of faculty, staff and students, approximately $348,024 was raised during the campaign period.
The annual UH Aloha United Way campaign is the university community’s opportunity to make an impact on the families who rely on the programs run by Aloha United Way partner agencies.
For over 90 years, Aloha United Way has served as a fundraiser for Oʻahu non-profits and as an agency that mobilizes the caring power of the community to make a difference in people’s lives. Donations help critical community service organizations assist more than 500,000 individuals in areas ranging from education to poverty prevention.
- UH-AUW softball tournament
- October 17 update: Hurricane Ana
- UH leaders join Polynesian Voyaging Society for New Zealand educational summit
- 2016 legislative update by VP Kalbert Young
- UH leads higher education with net-zero energy committment