Keigwin+Company returns to Hawaii
Keigwin+Company is once again touring Hawaiʻi, making stops at both Leeward Community College and the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo. K+C will be at Leeward CC on January 19, 8 p.m. and at UH Hilo on January 21, 7:30 p.m.
The troupe has gained an audience through provocative, witty and engaging dances. Utilizing a collaborative process, K+C combines physicality with theatricality, samples a variety of mediums and, ultimately, fuses art with entertainment.
Larry Keigwin was a dancer on Club MTV, an associate choreographer for the Rockettes, staged 175 models at the opening of New York Fashion Week and did gymnastics and circus training as a child. The New York Times describes his work as “pop sensibilities, along with some quirky flair”.
The company’s commitment to variety allows for cross-pollination of audiences and encourages harmony between uptown and downtown, professional and amateur, high-brow and low-brow, all while maintaining a vision of dance that is both artistically driven and entertaining.
- The Leeward Theatre presents 41st season shows
- Fairytales let loose at the Leeward Theatre
- Tradition and reality for Pacific Island immigrants exposed in Frangipani Perfume
- UH recognized as Hawaiʻi’s Best: Leeward and UH Manoa top the list
- Hawaiian language playwrights wanted by Leeward Theatre