Academy for Creative Media film showcase
ACM students will debut their newest films during the ACM Awards Showcase Screenings on Friday, April 26, 6 p.m. and Saturday, April 27, 6 p.m. in the Art Auditorium on the UH Mānoa campus.
ACM will show a marathon of all submitted films, which include narratives, documentaries, experimentals and animations. This will be the first time an audience will be seeing many of these films.
Complimentary local style food will be served and admission is free.
These films will be judged by the UH Mānoa audience and ACM faculty, and awards will be presented at the ACM Awards ceremony on Friday, May 3, 6 p.m. at the Art Auditorium.
At the ceremony various awards will be presented including the Maka Maoli Native Vision Indigenous Film Award, the Abernethy Screenwriting Awards, the Scholar Award, the Grace Award, the Imagine Award, the ACM Audience Award.
Local business and community leaders Roy and Hilda Takeyama will also be honored with the ACM Friend Award for their continuous support and contributions in promoting ACM student films and nurturing ACM filmmakers throughout the years.
Read the UH Mānoa news release for more about the events.
- Academy for Creative Media students showcased talents at HIFF
- Vilsoni Hereniko secures major coproduction contract
- Chinese screen legend Cheng Pei Pei master class at UH Mānoa
- World’s best hybrid visualization system up and running at UH Mānoa
- UH Manoa's Academy for Creative Media showcases student films
Category: Academic News