Kids film festival promises fun for the whole family
The University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa Outreach College presents the 7th Annual KIDS FIRST! Film Festival, a free event that promises wholesome, quality fun for the whole family! KIDS FIRST! gives kids and families the thrill of attending a film festival without the gratuitous violence, stereotypical bias and other inappropriate content.
The KIDS FIRST! Film Festival 2013 screens on Sundays, June 23 and 30 and July 14 and 21 at 3 p.m. at the UH Mānoa Art Auditorium.
The festival line-up includes feature-length films as well as award-winning shorts that appeal to everyone from toddlers to grown-ups.
- June 23—World premiere of Sharks and Rays, a half-hour ocean education film, followed by four-minute short Home was the Sailor and half-hour Gus Outdoors: Lizard Town, which follows a six-year-old naturalist as he explores the Bahamas.
- June 30—Nine inspirational short films for ages 8 and up, including a film inspired by Shel Silverstein’s famous poem “Falling Up.”
- July 14—Short film I Wish I Went to Ecuador and feature-length film My Best Friend, both award-winning, discuss environmental issues through a child’s point of view.
- July 21—Seven short films, for ages 10 and up, that celebrate the many facets of life.
For more information, visit the KIDS FIRST website or call (808) 956-9883.
- Outreach College receives National Endowment for the Arts grant
- Outreach College presents pianist Vadym Kholodenko
- Outreach College presents Brasil Guitar Duo
- Fall artists series presented by UH Manoa's Outreach College
- UH Mānoa selected to host intensive international English language academy