Updates from the UH delegation visiting Indonesia
President M.R.C. Greenwood and Mānoa assistant professor Maya Soetoro-Ng are leading a delegation from the University of Hawaiʻi to Yogyakarta, Indonesia this week to represent UH interests in the APDR3 (Asia Pacific Disaster Risk Reduction Resiliency) Indonesia Symposium. This visit is a result of APEC 2011, when Greenwood vowed to renew the university’s commitment to expand international partnerships, especially in the Asia-Pacific region.
Greenwood, Soetoro-Ng and Denise Konan, dean of UH Mānoa’s College of Social Sciences are meeting with various universities and colleges to develop institutional partnerships on faculty research, student exchange and recruitment. The UH delegation is also working to develop new study abroad opportunities and is meeting with UH alumni and friends in the Yogyakarta region.
Learn more about the visit on Greenwood’s blog, UH Matters.
- Outreach visit to Indonesia – Day 1
- Outreach visit to Indonesia – Day 2
- Outreach visit to Indonesia – Day 3
- Outreach visit to Indonesia – Day 4
- Outreach visit to Indonesia – Day 5
Read the New York Times’ article “‘Disaster University’ to Address Pacific Quakes and Tsunamis” for more on the APDR3 partnership.
- Pacific Disaster Center aids Southeast Asia disaster response
- Computer science professionals from China welcomed to UH
- Indonesian universities partner with UH Manoa to strengthen disaster management training
- New book chronicles work of female Vietnam War journalist
- Carolina Lam receives Fulbright Award