KFVE airtime donation highlights UH stories
The University of Hawaiʻi is taking full advantage of an offer by local television station KFVE The Home Team to describe the programs and educational efforts from the 10 campus UH System. Beginning August 2013, 60-second-long public service announcements (PSAs) telling UH stories, will begin airing on the station’s morning, 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. newscasts.
Two new PSAs will air each month for a year in an ad campaign worth over $70,000 that KFVE is providing free of charge. General Manager John Fink offered the free ad campaign in June asking UH to use the opportunity to educate the general public about the wonderful things happening on UH campuses.
Mahalo to KFVE for its generous offer and support of the University of Hawaiʻi.
First UH PSAs
North Shore Field School
- Entertainer Ben Vereen brings talents to island audiences
- UH leads newest NSF ocean education center
- UH programs and facilities named in honor of Inouye
- Governor releases $39 million for UH facility improvements
- Tuition rates reduced for 2012 summer session