UH holds Cyber Security Awareness Month workshops
During the month of October, in support of National Cyber Security Awareness Month, the University of Hawaiʻi Information Security Team will hold informational workshops and promote online articles to highlight the importance of practicing secure computing habits in cyberspace. The UH Information Security Team will provide tips and techniques to help you safeguard your personal information and deter identity theft.
In alignment with the National Cyber Security Awareness Month weekly themes, the Information Security Team will focus on four areas to increase cyber security awareness.
- Awareness: Our Shared Responsibility
- Being Mobile: Online Safety Anytime Anywhere
- Education: pA5$wOrd! … If It Isn’t Strong It’s Wrong!
- Cyber Crime: Sec_rity Is Not Complete Without U
The Information Security Team will conduct two workshops which will be broadcast on the UH Hawaiʻi Interactive Video Service (HITS).
- October 2—Privacy and Security: Protecting personally identifiable information and securing your mobile device, 1:30–3:30 p.m.
- October 17—Current Cyber Threats and Preventing Cyber Crime, 1–3 p.m.
For more information about UH National Cyber Security Awareness Month activities and to register for these workshops, visit the Information Security Team website.
National Cyber Security Awareness Month
This year is the 10th anniversary of National Cyber Security Awareness Month sponsored by the Department of Homeland Security (dhs.gov) in cooperation with the National Cyber Security Alliance (staysafeonline.org) and the Multi-State Information Sharing and Analysis Center (msisac.cisecurity.org). National Cyber Security Awareness Month events raise awareness and educate the community about the importance of cyber security.
For more information about the Department of Homeland Security events, visit their website.
- UH IT Center wins nationally for audio visual technology
- UH first state department to adopt electronic payroll statements
- Hackathon set for this weekend
- New Information Technology Center open house
- MyUH Services streamlines access to UH information