UH Hilo presents Nnenna Freelon and Trio
The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Performing Arts Center presents world-renowned jazz singer and six time GRAMMY award nominee Nnenna Freelon on October 25, 7:30 p.m.
Appearing with her trio—Miki Hayama on piano, Alfred Batchelor on upright bass and Leon Joyce on drums, Freelon has earned a well-deserved reputation as a compelling and captivating live performer.
Freelon sings with what the Los Angeles Times described as “… exquisite musicality and an unerring sense of swing.” She has twice been nominated for the “Lady of Soul” Soul Train Award and has performed and toured with a veritable who’s who in jazz, from Ray Charles and Ellis Marsalis to Al Jarreau and George Benson.
Tickets are $25 general, $20 discount, $12 Children 17 and under and UH students with valid ID
For tickets, visit the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center website.
- The Ghosts of Hiroshima: The words of survivors
- Rani Arbo and daisy mayhem performs at UH Hilo and Mānoa
- UH Hilo 2016-17 season of events
- Las Cafeteras performs in Hawaiʻi
- Tap dancing phenomenon Rhythmic Circus comes to UH