UH Manoa celebrates annual jazz festival
Freelon, a six-time GRAMMY Award-nominee, is an accomplished singer, composer, producer, arranger and budding actress. She has dedicated herself to educating young people, both musicians and non-musicians, by listening, encouraging and motivating them toward constructive change and the creation of positive energy.
Freelon sings with what the Los Angeles Times described as “exquisite musicality and an unerring sense of swing.” She has twice been nominated for the “Lady of Soul” Soul Train Award and has performed and toured with a veritable who’s who in jazz, from Ray Charles and Ellis Marsalis to Al Jarreau and George Benson.
Ticket information can be found at the UH Mānoa Outreach College site.
- Enjoy a mix of physical theatre, comedy and pathos at LOON by WONDERHEADS
- UH Manoa presents jazz festival
- Stories of dance at Asia Pacific Dance Festival
- Bringing back smoky jazz of the 1930’s with the legendary Hot Club of San Francisco
- Computer science professionals from China welcomed to UH