Shidler luncheon connects donors and scholarship recipients
The college’s annual Scholarship Luncheon, held on November 4, 2013, recognized donors for their commitment to education, and gave the donors and scholarship recipients an opportunity to connect.
This year’s scholarship luncheon featured guest speaker Eddie Flores Jr., president of the L&L restaurant chain. Flores said he was amazed to see so many recipients of his scholarship. In 2007, Flores established a $1 million endowed scholarship at the Shidler College of Business. This year alone, Flores’ scholarship helped 52 students from the Shidler Freshman Direct Admit Program.
“We are extremely grateful to our alumni, the business community and friends of the college for establishing scholarships for our students,” said Shidler Dean V. Vance Roley. “With the cost of tuition and books, academic scholarships can make a world of difference in the lives of our students.”
Each academic year, full and partial scholarships are awarded to undergraduate and graduate business students based on academic achievement, financial need, specific area of concentration, community service and/or other criteria established by the donors. See the full list of the 2013-2014 scholarship recipients.
Video: Eddie Flores and other guest speakers at the Scholarship Luncheon
- Shidler College of Business marketing faculty ranked among top researchers
- Ethics in Entertainment industry panel added to conversation series
- Shidler College of Business ranked 15 for international business by U.S. News
- Vance Roley named business leader of the year
- Business students develop greater understanding of Japanese culture and economy