Lyon Arboretum hosts Holiday Plant and Craft Sale
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s Lyon Arboretum will hold its annual Holiday Plant and Craft Sale on Saturday, November 23, 9 a.m–2 p.m. at the arboretum, located at 3860 Mānoa Road. The sale is a great opportunity to buy unique gifts for the holidays. Admission is free.
Various nurseries will be selling colorful ti varieties, cacti and succulents, orchids, anthuriums, heliconias, gingers, tillandsias and other bromeliads, Hawaiian plants and native ferns, vegetable and herb plants, as well as UH variety vegetable seeds and many other plants for homes and gardens. Ceramic pots and planters will also be available.
Arboretum volunteers from Hui Hana Leis will sell beautiful, one-of-a-kind dry and fresh holiday wreaths. There will also be tasty jams and jellies and Hawaiian honey.
A free arboretum shuttle service will pick-up and drop-off visitors at the intersections of Poʻelua Street and Mānoa Road, and Nipo Street and Mānoa Road.
- Plant sale at Lyon Arboretum April 20
- Campaign to conserve ʻōhiʻa trees finds roots in community
- Native plant preservation program gets donation
- New Lyon Arboretum laboratory will expand Hawaiian plant conservation
- Arboretum plant sale rings in the holidays