UH Cancer Center holds Trees by the Sea event
The Friends of the University of Hawaiʻi Cancer Center is excited to announce the 1st Annual Trees by the Sea, a two-day holiday event to benefit the University of Hawaiʻi Cancer Center on December 6 and 7.
A fundraiser cocktail reception will be held on Friday, December 6, 5:30–8:30 p.m., and a public ʻOhana Day is scheduled for Saturday, December 7, 9 a.m.–noon.
The event will give the public a chance to view a spectacular display of trees and other holiday decorations at the University of Hawaiʻi Cancer Centers Sullivan Conference Center. The decorated trees, created by local designer Ralph Malani, as well as a wide array of wreaths, plants and other holiday decorations will be for sale.
In addition, Trees by the Sea will also feature tabletop-size Celebri-Trees decorated with items donated by various celebrities, including the producers and cast of Hawaiʻi Five-0, international superstar Jackie Chan and others, which will be auctioned off at the December 6 fundraiser.
Media coverage on Trees by the Sea
- Metal-based compound shows promise for kidney cancer patients
- Public invited to UH Cancer Center grand opening
- Rare cancer found in Nevada likely caused by asbestos in nature
- Skin cancer symposium hosted by UH Cancer Center
- V Foundation funding supports colorectal cancer research