UH Manoa dean of graduate education finalists
Three finalists have been identified for the position of University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa dean of graduate education. The finalist are UH Mānoa Professors Krystyna Aune, Ellen Hoffman and Nathan Murata.
The candidates are scheduled to participate in campus visits that covers department discussions; meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff and students; and a public presentation.
Campus and community members, as well as the general public, are encouraged to attend.
Ellen Hoffman—January 22–23
- Professor and Chair, UH Mānoa College of Education Department of Educational Technology
- Public presentation—Thursday, January 23, 3–4:15 p.m. in George Hall 227
Nathan Murata—January 27–28
- Professor and Graduate Chair, UH Mānoa College of Education Department of Kinesiology and Rehabilitation Services
- Public presentation—Tuesday, January 28, 3–4:15 p.m. in George Hall 227
Krystyna Aune, visiting January 30–31
- Interim Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs and Professor of Communicology, UH Mānoa College of Arts and Humanities
- Public presentation—Friday, January 31, 3–4:15 p.m. in George Hall 227
“I would like to thank the Search Advisory Committee for identifying a pool of exceptional candidates. We are excited to have had such a strong pool of candidates from within the university,” said UH Mānoa Chancellor Tom Apple. “We encourage the UH community to come out and meet the candidates, and look forward to them providing input which will assist in hiring the best person for the position.”
“The state of graduate education at Mānoa will need to be a focus in the next few years, so this is a very important position for the campus,” said UH Mānoa Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Reed Dasenbrock. “I look forward to working with the new graduate dean on addressing the challenges we face.”
For more information, visit the search website.
- Clifton Tanabe named ACE Fellow
- The untold story of a Nisei spy
- Ethnomathematics and STEM Institute at the College of Education
- College of Education's Hookulaiwi receives international recognition
- 2013 spring commencement schedule