School of Travel Industry Management dean candidates
Two finalists have been identified for the position of dean, School of Travel Industry Management (TIM)at the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa. The candidates are scheduled for campus visits, which will include campus department discussions; meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students and internal and external constituents and a public presentation.
Campus and community members, as well as the general public, are encouraged to attend.
Sevil Sonmez—February 6–7
- Professor and Head, Department of Marketing, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality and Tourism, Bryan School of Business and Economics, University of North Carolina at Greensboro
- Public presentation—Friday, February 7, 3–4:15 p.m. in Crawford Hall 105
Chris Roberts—February 13–14
- Director and Professor, School of Hospitality Leadership, DePaul University
- Public presentation—Friday, February 14, 3–4:15 p.m., Crawford Hall 105
“The Search Advisory Committee did a terrific job in identifying these finalists out of a pool of well qualified candidates, and I would like to thank them for their hard work and dedication to this search,” said Chancellor Tom Apple. “We encourage UH faculty, staff, students and especially the local tourism community to come out and meet the candidates, and look forward to receiving their input which will assist in hiring the best person for the position.”
“Given the centrality of travel and tourism to the economy of Hawaiʻi, TIM has an enormous potential to shape the future of the state,” said Added Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Reed Dasenbrock. “We look forward to meeting these outstanding candidates and hiring a new dean for the school.”
For more information, visit the search website.
- School of Travel Industry Management earns reaccreditation
- 2015 spring commencement ceremony schedule
- UH Manoa alum receives meetings industry top 25 recognition
- Photos: Way to go UH graduates!
- Fall 2016 commencement schedule