UH Presidential Selection Committee votes to conduct own search
The University of Hawaiʻi Regents’ Presidential Selection Committee voted on January 30 to conduct the presidential search itself, using university board staff and with advice from the university Office of Human Resources. It also voted to forego the services of a search firm.
Print advertisement notices and news releases will be disseminated statewide and nationally to inform interested candidates and individuals wishing to nominate someone. The committee will begin reviewing applications and nominations by the end of February. Applications and nominations will be accepted throughout the process, until a final selection is made.
The committee—composed of regents and other members of the university ʻohana—hopes to make a recommendation to the full board by June 2014.
- Statement from the UH Presidential Selection Committee
- Presidential Selection Committee final report
- Campus public forums for UH president finalists set for May 6-9
- Next UH president to be selected June 2 by Board of Regents
- David Lassner named UH president