Sheet metal students make forever roses for Valentine’s Day
Honolulu Community College students in the Sheet Metal and Plastics Program continue the program’s annual tradition of creating and selling the unique “forever rose” made from sheet metal. The sale will take place Friday, February 14 at 9:30 a.m. by the Sheet Metal and Plastics Program at Honolulu CC, Building 17 and will continue until the roses sell out.
These one-of-a-kind sheet metal roses make a special Valentine’s gift for only $5 each, and a few copper roses will be available for $15 each. Customers will be limited to purchasing four sheet metal and one copper rose at a time.
The construction of the roses will take place February 11, 12 and 13 from 12:00 noon to 3:30 p.m. There will be no sales during the construction days. Money raised from the project benefits the program.
- Honolulu CC sheet metal students craft forever roses
- Cabin2Couture: Creative upcycle fashion challenge
- NASA rocket launches UH Community Colleges’ scientific payload into space
- Hawaiʻi's Promise: Free community college proposed for students with financial need
- UH president stresses commitment to core values after U.S. election