Hakuoh Handbell Choir comes to UH campuses
The 20 student handbell ringers, led by acclaimed director Hirotaka Arai, will delight audiences with their repertoire of songs that range from classical standards to Disney favorites to Broadway show tunes.
They will perform at the Leeward Theatre for a special Valentines Day concert on Friday, February 14, 10 a.m. and at Windward CC’s Palikū Theatre on Tuesday, February 18, 7 p.m. Seats are first come, first served.
The choir has the capacity to ring seven octaves of handbells and their dedication to practice and performance has created worldwide demand for their music. From their home in Oyama City, Japan, Hakuoh’s all-female ensemble has traveled to performances in Canada, England and Australia and has entertained audiences including the Emperor and Empress of Japan and the King and Queen of Belgium.
They will also perform at Central Union Church on Thursday, February 13, 7 p.m.
UH news videos on the Hakuoh University Handbell Choir
- UH celebrates 2016 Poʻokela award winners
- Barefoot Divas bring uplifting performance to Leeward Theatre
- Ethics violations prompt gift disclosure reminder
- How shave ice is like affirmative consent
- UH campuses score well on national College Scorecard