Finalists announced for dean of the UH Manoa School of Architecture
Four finalists have been identified for the position of dean of the University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa’s School of Architecture.
The finalists will participate in campus, which includes department discussions; meetings with senior administrators, faculty, staff, students, and internal and external constituents and a public presentation.
Campus and community members, as well as the general public, are encouraged to attend.
Joanna Merwood-Salisbury—March 6–7
- School of Constructed Environments, Parsons The New School for Design
- Public Presentation—Friday, March 7, 3-4:15 p.m. in the Architecture Building Auditorium 205
Nathaniel Belcher–March 10-11
- H. Campbell and Eleanor R. Stuckeman School, Pennsylvania State University
- Public Presentation—Tuesday, March 11, 3–4:15 p.m. in the Architecture Building Auditorium 205
Mark Hoistad—March 13-14
- College of Architecture, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Public Presentation—Friday, March 14, 3–4:15 p.m. in the Architecture Building Auditorium 205
Daniel Friedman, visiting March 17-18
- College of Built Environments, University of Washington
- Public Presentation—Tuesday, March 18, 3–4:15 p.m. in the Architecture Building Auditorium 205
“I would like to thank the Search Advisory Committee for identifying a pool of highly qualified and exceptional candidates. The committee did a terrific job in identifying these finalists,” said UH Mānoa Chancellor Tom Apple.
Added Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs Reed Dasenbrock, “The School of Architecture plays a crucial statewide role in preparing the professionals who create our built environment, in addition to a growing international presence. The next dean of architecture will literally help build the future of the state.”
For more information visit the search website.
- Architecture exhibition focuses on response to 2011 Japan earthquake
- House built out of Albizia wood might solve multiple sustainability issues
- Architecture undergraduates win award in Shanghai
- Architecture student places in international design competition
- Architecture and engineering students partner with DHHL