The first global breadfruit summit brings together traditional, community, scientific and technology experts to connect the many benefits of ʻulu.
The University of Hawaiʻi Community College System is celebrating its 50th anniversary with a showcase of excellence and diversity. UHCC College Day is on Tuesday, March 18, 9–11:30 a.m. at the Hawaiʻi State Capitol
More than 60 exhibits from all seven community colleges will be at the Capitol to help students and the public discover the great advantages and benefits of starting their education at the community colleges.
UHCC College Day is free and open to the public. Metered parking is available in and around the Capitol.
- 9 a.m.—Welcome remarks
- 9:20 a.m.—Fashion show by Honolulu Community College
- 9:30 a.m.—More than 60 informational tables and hands-on exhibits presented by all seven community colleges: Hawaiʻi Community College, Honolulu Community College, Kauaʻi Community College, Kapiʻolani Community College, Leeward Community College, University of Hawaiʻi Maui College and Windward Community College.
A broad range of academic programs that will be at the event, including:
- Agriculture and agripharmatech
- Bachelor degree pathways
- Culinary arts
- Digital and new media
- Drama, theatre and arts
- Fashion technology
- Fire and environmental emergency response
- Hawaiian studies
- ICS computer security
- Marine science
- Nursing and health careers
- Plant bioscience
- TV production
Go to the UHCC website for a full list of exhibitors and programs.