UH Manoa Art Gallery displays Yuan
Born in Jilin, China, Liu is a multidisciplinary artist whose works have been presented and recognized nationally and internationally. She explores her cultural roots through her time and process-based installations and by the abstraction of fleeting and continual energy and contradictory and convergent forces. Through her use and manipulation of materials—thread, paper, incense, wood, salt and water—she creates microcosms of fragility and poignancy and multi-faceted cultural narratives.
Liu will be in residence at the UH Mānoa Department of Art and Art History through its Intersections Visiting Artist program. During her residency, Liu will construct a site-specific installation, entitled Yuan, at the University of Hawaiʻi Art Gallery.
Liu is currently an associate professor at the University of Texas at Austin.
A UH Mānoa news release.
- UH Manoa MFA candidates present engaging exhibitions
- UH Mānoa art department holds lecture and roundtable discussion
- Thesis exhibitions showcase student art
- FAX exhibition featured at Manoa Art Gallery
- In Memoriam: Artist and UH Manoa Professor Emeritus Murray Turnbull