Regents will make presidential finalists public
The University of Hawaiʻi Board of Regents have voted to clarify the presidential selection process as follows:
- That the Presidential Selection Committee forward to the full board either 5 or 6 (no less than 5, no more than 6) names of the top candidates it recommends for consideration.
- That the full board shall select 3 top candidates from that list.
- That the names of the 3 candidates will be made public, and they will be invited to visit campuses and have conversations with various groups and the general public as extensively as is feasible.
No deadline was set for the list from the selection committee to be sent to the full board. Review of applications and nominations began on March 12, 2014, and will continue until the position is filled. For best consideration, applications should be submitted by March 26, 2014.
Advertisements were placed in various print and online venues locally and nationally.
- UH Presidential Selection Committee votes to conduct own search
- David Lassner named UH president
- Board of Regents begins presidential search
- Finalists for UH president announced
- Statement from the UH Presidential Selection Committee