Hawaii CC and UH Hilo present Earth Fair 2014
Featuring live music and educational activities, the 2014 Earth Fair is an opportunity for local school children and the general public to gain a deeper appreciation for the natural environment while having fun.
The Friday, April 11 event will take place from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the UH Hilo campus and is geared toward local students, who can learn about marine debris and invasive species, practice identifying sea creatures and much more.
The Saturday, April 12 event will take place from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the Hawaiʻi Community College campus and is geared toward community members of all ages.
The Saturday event will feature musical entertainment by the Big Island Underground, featuring Pō and the 4fathers, Grant Kaʻuaʻa of The Kuahiwis and Mixjah. There will be demonstrations and exhibits about Polynesian voyaging by the Polynesian Voyaging Society, hydroponics for home gardeners, compost tea brewing, mushroom growing, vermicomposting and more. There will also be a plant giveaway, environment-related movies and locally grown or produced food and drinks.
Both events are free and open to the public.
- Tuition rates reduced for 2012 summer session
- More incoming freshmen on track to graduate on time
- Enrollment jumps at UH West Oahu
- UH’s Oahu and Kauai campuses to close Friday in anticipation of severe weather
- UH awarded $31 million in grants for Native Hawaiian programs across the state