Kauai CC celebrates Earth Day
Kauaʻi Community College celebrates Earth Day 2014 beginning Monday, April 21, 11 a.m.–4 p.m. on the campus grounds between the Campus Center and Fine Arts buildings. The goal of the event is to heighten awareness and offer positive and practical sustainable solutions.
The event is open to the students, faculty, staff and the public. All non-profit and for-profit vendors are encouraged to celebrate with us, offer their products or services and share information about sustainable living.
Earth Day 2014 features food, music, giveaway prizes, exhibits and opportunity to visit with members of Kauaʻi CC student clubs. U.S. Senator Brian Schatz will also be present from 11:30 a.m. to noon to share his views on the importance of honoring Earth Day and celebrate this student-led event.
The event is being led and organized by student government leaders of the Associated Students of University of Hawaiʻi–Kauaʻi Community College (ASUH–KCC), Student Activities Council and the students’ Sustainability Club of UH Kauaʻi Community College, and supported by KCC’s Hoʻouluwehi — The Sustainable Living Institute of Kauaʻi.
- Vote for Kauai sustainability video in online awards
- Kauaʻi CC prepares students for sustainable living careers
- Kauai CC receives prestigious climate leadership award
- Sustainability a priority at Kauai Community College
- Hydroponics garden centerpiece of Grand Hyatt Kauai-UH partnership