Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- Kids film festival promises fun for the whole family
- Box jellyfish research breakthrough by Manoa biochemist
- Jellyfish research featured in Florida schools
- Large fresh water supply discovered by UH researchers on Hawaiʻi Island
- UH commission advocates for women's rights