Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- HOT news: Pacific carbon pump speeds up in summer
- UH role critical in monitoring space debris and asteroids
- Symphony and choirs shine in spring concert
- Mutation makes anti-cancer protein a tumor booster
- Immigrant farmers grow with outreach program