Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- Competition provides critical look at student business plans
- The spirit of dance lives on in Winter Footholds
- UH plays critical role in Coast Guard cybersecurity exercise
- Hidden gem restored for future generations
- Astronomy program for Hawaiʻi high school students prepares future science leaders