Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- Historic cemetery preservation project strengthens connections to the past and future
- Experts discuss Hawaiʻi's newly established environmental court
- UH leads newest NSF ocean education center
- Record number of UH graduates
- UH plays critical role in Coast Guard cybersecurity exercise