Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- New UH sustainability policy aims for carbon neutrality by 2050
- Manoa students advocate responsible drinking
- New University of Hawaii Press director appointed
- Experience day showcases UH Manoa programs and services
- UH on the forefront of coral bleaching research