Book celebrates Hawaii jazz legend Gabe Baltazar Jr.
Hawaiʻi’s legendary jazz musician Gabe Baltazar Jr. has thrilled audiences since the late 1940s with his powerful and passionate playing. In If It Swings, It’s Music: The Autobiography of Hawaiʻi’s Gabe Baltazar Jr., Baltazar takes readers through the highs, lows and in-betweens on the long road to becoming one of the very few Asian Americans who has achieved worldwide acclaim as a jazz artist.
- The evolution of the Honolulu Marathon and the State of Hawaiʻi
- Make-A-Wish teen shoots hoops and dons white coat at UH Mānoa
- UH Mānoa battles in Hawaiʻi’s first international autonomous robotic boat competition
- Bigger, better bookstore at UH Hilo
- Collaboration soars with UH drone project