Lʻulu, the annual Leeward culinary arts gala at Leeward Community College, once again pairs Hawaiʻi’s finest chefs with local farmers, ranchers and aquaculturists to provide patrons with dishes that are fresh, local and as diverse as our islands themselves. Lʻulu will be held on Saturday, May 10, 6–9 p.m. on the Leeward campus.
Guests will indulge their senses with the delectable cuisines of Hawaiʻi’s finest chef, each presenting a locally grown or produced food item in their menu offering. The chefs will work alongside the Culinary Arts Program’s instructors and students.
Relaxing entertainment and a silent auction, complimented by an array of wines, beers, spirits and specialty coffees and teas complete the festive atmosphere and extraordinary ambiance of dining amid the three-time ʻIlima award-winning fine dining restaurant, The Pearl.
The restaurants and chefs
- Alan Wong’s, Alan Wong
- Roy’s, Roy Yamaguchi
- REAL a gastropub, Troy Terorotua
- Tiki’s Grill and Bar, Ronnie Nasuti
- JW Marriott Ihilani Resort and Spa, Jason Kina
- Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, Jeff Wind
- Sansei Seafood Restaurant and Sushi Bar, DK Kodama
- Tokkuri Tei, Hideaki “Santa” Miyoshi
- Nalo Farms, Dean Okimoto
- Pili Hawaiʻi, Taste, Mark Noguchi
- Japengo, Hyatt Regency Waikīkī, Jon Matsubara
- The Pearl, Leeward CC, Ian Riseley
- HSAR Bistro, Rodney Uyeharay
The annual fundraiser provides scholarships and educational opportunities for Hawaiʻi’s culinary students. Ticket prices are $100 general admission grazing through May 2 and $125 from May 3. For tickets call (808) 455-0300 or (808) 455-0298