Spring plant sale coming to Lyon Arboretum
Come celebrate National Public Gardens Day at the Lyon Arboretum’s spring plant sale on Saturday, May 10, 9 a.m.–2 p.m. Admission is free.
The nurseries attending the sale will be selling several varieties of colorful ti, Hawaiian plants, anthurium, heliconias, gingers, cactus, succulents, tillandsias and other bromeliads, herbs, vegetable plants and many more plants for homes and gardens.
Arboretum volunteers from Hui Hana Hawaiʻi will also be selling beautiful, one-of-a-kind head lei, perfect for Mother’s Day. There will also be jams, jellies and Hawaiian honey for sale.
Arboretum staff and volunteers will provide free garden tours, displays and keiki activities to celebrate National Public Gardens Day.
A free shuttle service to the arboretum has pick-up and drop-off points at the intersections of Poʻelua Street and Mānoa Road, and Nipo Street and Mānoa Road.
Lyon Arboretum, located at 3860 Mānoa Road, is open Mondays to Fridays, 8 a.m.–4 p.m. and Saturdays, 9 a.m.–3 p.m. The arboretum is closed on Sundays and state holidays.
- Arboretum plant sale rings in the holidays
- Seed banking, Thanksgiving centerpieces, world cooking and more in Lyon Arboretum classes
- Jill Laughlin named UH Employee of the Year
- New Lyon Arboretum laboratory will expand Hawaiian plant conservation
- Albizia tree removal at Lyon Arboretum protects people and plants